Tuesday 6 December 2011

Drawing- Post 9

A short while ago I visited my home town, and while I was there I spent a weekend drawing in the graveyards nearby; I know that the original task was to draw in Hanley cemetery but since the task was more about mark making I hope that the cemeteries of Herne Bay will suffice.

I used a fineliner pen to create these drawings, using techniques such as hatching and stippling (which is a particular favourite of mine), I think that using the pen made me focus more and work faster as each stroke was a definite one so I had to be confident in my marks. I also brought along my watercolours but it is not my favourite medium, still, I think I managed to create a couple of nice pictures with them- I particularly like the texture of the gravestones.











No comments:

Post a Comment