Saturday 24 December 2011

Digital Presentation 1- Post 5

The Ugly:

I have always been confident in my ugly robot design as I feel it clearly communicates function whilst also having a lot of personality, so, aside from adding more limbs to sustain the continuity between my robots, my ugly robot only needed refining.

The main objective with my research was to look at joints; my robot uses fairly simple ball and socket joints as well as hinge joints and I wanted to make sure that they still looked functional despite their simplicity


This is my final design, though I forgot to include the tools; I am very happy with with my final design, it maintains the original humour of my initial design but it's functionality is clear and has been enhanced by the addition of extra limbs.


No comments:

Post a Comment